Asad Khan died twice and came back before dying completely, brother says

3 Min Read
Rally Driver Asad Khan and girlfriend Maxine Wahome

Rally driver Asad Khan died twice at the Nairobi Hospital before finally dying for good at the Avenue Hospital on Sunday evening, his brother Adil Khan has said.

Speaking for the first time since his brother succumbed to injuries inflicted on him by his girlfriend, fellow rally driver Maxine Wahome, Adil has said that Asad had to be resuscitated twice at Nairobi Hospital where he was initially taken to.

“As we were there and we were putting his names the nurse called me to the side and told me straight away that he had passed away and they did not know why he passed away because he was not bleeding,” Adil told the Daily Nation.

“They put more blood on him but he passed away the second time. Again they revived him for the second time,” he said.

- Advertisement -

Preliminary investigations show the two fought at their house located at Preston Court in Kileleshwa before Khan apparently fell on a window pane which broke and cut him in the leg leading to profuse bleeding.

Maxine who was drunk proceeded to sleep unaware that her boyfriend was bleeding to death till 1 pm the next day when the management of Preston Court called Adil to inform him of what had transpired. By this time Asad had lost so much blood that he was on the verge of dying.

Police sources say Maxine who is currently out on a Sh100,000 bond is now set to be arrested and charged with murder after her boyfriend.

While Maxine has maintained her innocence, Adil says that Asad was found by a neighbour lying in a pool of blood outside their house at Preston Court in Kileleshwa, Nairobi.

“I saw he was beaten on his head, on top of his eye, and he was swollen on the left side of his face,” Adil has said of Asad’s injuries.

“When we transferred him to Avenue Hospital they straight away put him in ICU. A doctor looked at him and straight away said he had a punctured lung on the left,” said Adil who insisted that Maxine was not acting alone and that there was a third person involved.

“Maxine knows. She was in the house, but I suspect there was someone else in that house too,” he said.

If found guilty upon prosecution and conviction, Maxine could earn a life sentence.

Kindly leave a comment

Share this Article
Leave a comment