Boy, 7, dead 40 hospitalised after eating carcass of a sick cow

1 Min Read

A seven-year-old boy has died after drinking soup made from the carcass of a sick cow.

At least 40 people who also ate the meat fell ill in Tirgoi village in Kuresoi South, Nakuru County.

The villagers feasted on the carcass even after after a veterinary officer warned them to dispose of the meat as it was not fit for human consumption.

The dead cow is suspected to have been infected with East Coast fever.

- Advertisement -

The victims were rushed to Olenguruone Sub-County Hospital after experiencing symptoms including diarrhoea, vomiting and abdominal pain.

Kindly leave a comment

Share this Article
Leave a comment