President William Ruto has suspended 27 government officials for releasing condemned sugar to the public after it was pronounced unfit for human consumption in 2018 and earmarked for conversion into industrial ethanol.
Sugar is a common ingredient in many foods and drinks. However, not all sugar is created equal. Some sugar is not fit for human consumption and can be dangerous if ingested.
Ingesting sugar that is not fit for human consumption can lead to a number of health problems. These problems can range from mild to severe and can include:
- Stomach upset
In some cases, ingesting sugar that is not fit for human consumption can even be fatal.
If you think you may have ingested sugar that is not fit for human consumption, it is important to seek medical attention immediately. There is no specific treatment for sugar poisoning, but doctors can provide supportive care to help your body recover.
To avoid ingesting sugar that is not fit for human consumption, it is important to be aware of the risks. Be sure to read food labels carefully and only consume products that have been made with safe ingredients. You should also avoid consuming foods that have been processed with chemicals or that have been contaminated with bacteria.
By taking these precautions, you can help to protect yourself from the dangers of ingesting sugar that is not fit for human consumption.
Here are some tips for avoiding sugar that is not fit for human consumption:
- Read food labels carefully. Look for ingredients that you do not recognise or that you know to be harmful.
- Avoid processed foods. Processed foods are often high in sugar and other unhealthy ingredients.
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables. Fresh fruits and vegetables are naturally sweet and do not contain any added sugar.
- Limit your intake of sugary drinks. Sugary drinks are a major source of added sugar in your diet.
- Drink water instead of sugary drinks. Water is a healthy alternative to sugary drinks and can help you stay hydrated.
- Be mindful of your sugar intake. It is important to be aware of how much sugar you are consuming each day.