By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
sauce.co.kesauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Reading: Brazil drop Manchester United winger after abuse allegations
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
sauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Search
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Home » News » Brazil drop Manchester United winger after abuse allegations

Brazil drop Manchester United winger after abuse allegations

Last updated: September 5, 2023 10:02 am
Daniel Kiptoo Bargoria 3 years ago
Share
3 Min Read
Manchester United winger Antony
SHARE

Brazil have dropped Manchester United winger Antony following allegations of abuse by his former girlfriend.

The Brazilian football federation said the 23-year-old had been withdrawn from the squad after “facts became public” that “need to be investigated”.

Brazilian news outlet UOL published allegations made by Antony’s ex-partner on Monday.

Police in Sao Paulo and Greater Manchester are investigating the claims, which the player has denied.

“I can calmly state that the accusations are false and that the evidence already produced and the other evidence that will be produced demonstrate that I am innocent of the accusations made,” Antony said on social media.

“I trust that the ongoing police investigations will demonstrate the truth about my innocence.”

Antony is accused of attacking his former girlfriend Gabriela Cavallin “with a headbutt” in a Manchester hotel room on 15 January, leaving her with a cut head which needed treatment from a doctor.

She also alleges she was punched in the chest, causing damage to a silicone breast implant, which required corrective surgery.

Antony added in his statement on Monday that his relationship with his former partner was “tumultuous”, but insisted he “never committed any physical aggression”.

He also released a statement in June saying he had been falsely accused by his former girlfriend of domestic violence.

Greater Manchester Police (GMP) said it is “aware of the allegations made and enquiries remain ongoing to establish the circumstances surrounding this report”.

It added: “We will not be commenting any further at this time.”

Manchester United said they had no comment on the matter at present when contacted by BBC Sport.

The allegations come after the Premier League club announced last month that forward Mason Greenwood would leave by mutual agreement following a six-month internal investigation.

Charges against Greenwood, including rape and assault, were dropped in February. The 21-year-old joined Spanish side Getafe on loan last week.

Antony has been replaced in the Brazil squad by Arsenal striker Gabriel Jesus for the upcoming World Cup qualifiers against Bolivia and Peru.

You Might Also Like

Two Journalists Assaulted as Tension Escalates Ahead of Linda Mwananchi Rally in Homa Bay

Kindiki Claims Gachagua Ignored His Advice Before Impeachment

Gachagua Accuses Ruto and Kindiki of Trying to Divide Mt Kenya Ahead of 2027

SHA Disburses Second Batch of Payments for Pending NHIF Claims

Apple Declares iPhone X and 2018 MacBook Pro Obsolete

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Email
Previous Article How failed promises and shifting alliances ended Omar Bongo’s rule in Gabon
Next Article ‘We will fight to the last soldier’ – Sudan RSF leader

Latest stories

  • Two Journalists Assaulted as Tension Escalates Ahead of Linda Mwananchi Rally in Homa Bay
  • Kindiki Claims Gachagua Ignored His Advice Before Impeachment
  • Gachagua Accuses Ruto and Kindiki of Trying to Divide Mt Kenya Ahead of 2027
  • SHA Disburses Second Batch of Payments for Pending NHIF Claims
  • Apple Declares iPhone X and 2018 MacBook Pro Obsolete
  • Police Intercept Vehicles, Arrest 15 Suspects Headed to Homa Bay
  • UK Prime Minister urges ‘reflection’ after Cambridge professor’s death
  • At Least 20 Killed in New Nigeria Violence: Lawmaker
  • Iran Calls for Release of Pilots Captured in Qatar During Middle East War

You Might Also Like

Police Intercept Vehicles, Arrest 15 Suspects Headed to Homa Bay

1 day ago

UK Prime Minister urges ‘reflection’ after Cambridge professor’s death

1 day ago

At Least 20 Killed in New Nigeria Violence: Lawmaker

1 day ago

Iran Calls for Release of Pilots Captured in Qatar During Middle East War

1 day ago

Pages

  • About us
  • News
  • Privacy Policy
  • sauce.co.ke

Find Us on Socials

sauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
Follow US
All rights reserved. A publication of Mercury Communications KE