By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
sauce.co.kesauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Reading: Kisii Family Begins Exhumation After ‘Dead’ Daughter Reappears Seven Months Later
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
sauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Search
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Home » News » Kisii Family Begins Exhumation After ‘Dead’ Daughter Reappears Seven Months Later
Security

Kisii Family Begins Exhumation After ‘Dead’ Daughter Reappears Seven Months Later

Last updated: November 26, 2025 5:07 pm
David Osoro 9 months ago
Share
3 Min Read
A senior police officer was Monday morning robbed of his pistol in an attack in Kingeero area, Kiambu County.
SHARE

Exhumation work has begun at Gotinyango village in Nyaribari Masaba, Kisii County, after a young woman believed to have died in a road accident seven months ago unexpectedly resurfaced alive.

County health officials and police officers on Wednesday supervised the operation as the family of 20-year-old Sarah Kwamboka watched from a distance, stunned by the unfolding events.

Family Buried the Wrong Body in February

Kwamboka disappeared in October last year. She was expected to join Form Four this year, but her sudden disappearance left her family searching desperately for months without success.

A call from a local mortuary early this year seemed to bring the painful search to an end. Officials informed the family that Sarah had been hit by a vehicle and died at the scene.

Despite the body having severe head injuries, relatives identified it as Sarah.
Her mother said she recognised her daughter’s teeth and accepted that the ordeal had come to a tragic close.

The family gathered what little resources they had and buried the remains in mid-February.

Shock as Sarah Calls Home Months After Burial

The family’s certainty collapsed in September when Sarah’s mother received a call from an unfamiliar number. The caller claimed to be with Sarah but said the young woman was too afraid to speak.

Believing it to be a cruel prank, she hung up.
The phone rang again moments later—this time with a familiar voice speaking in Ekegusii.

It was Sarah.

During the emotional call, Sarah explained where she was and revealed she had eloped with another man, unaware that her family had buried someone else in her place.

Her mother, still in disbelief, told her how the family had mourned and buried the body they believed to be hers.

Authorities Investigating

The exhumation aims to determine the true identity of the person buried under Sarah’s name and establish how the misidentification occurred. Forensic experts are expected to examine the remains once they are recovered.

Authorities have not yet released additional details as the investigation continues.

 

You Might Also Like

EACC Arrests Nine Over Alleged Sh1.57 Billion Government Funds Fraud

Two Killed in Grisly Range Rover Crash Along Nairobi’s Riverside Drive

JKUAT Student Accuses American National of Rape After Tinder Date in Westlands

Police Intercept Vehicles, Arrest 15 Suspects Headed to Homa Bay

Stolen AK-47 Recovered After Shootout With Suspected Gangsters in Machakos

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Email
Previous Article Netflix Sets Release Date for ‘Sean Combs: The Reckoning’ as 50 Cent Takes Center Stage in Explosive Docuseries
Next Article Bomet Woman Arrested After Fatally Stabbing Husband During Bar Fight

Latest stories

  • ‘Why Should I Suffer Alone?’ Woman Reveals How She Left Children at Their Father’s Workplace
  • Married Woman Confronts Pregnant Househelp Over Alleged Affair With Her Husband
  • EACC Arrests Nine Over Alleged Sh1.57 Billion Government Funds Fraud
  • Gachagua Urges Mathira Residents to Block UDA Agents From Polling Stations
  • Kaluma Calls for Arrest of Orengo, Babu Owino, Sifuna Over Homa Bay Rally Violence
  • Ndindi Nyoro Announces Exit From UDA, Joins Opposition
  • Two Killed in Grisly Range Rover Crash Along Nairobi’s Riverside Drive
  • Nick Mutuma Offers KSh100,000 Reward for Stolen Filming Equipment
  • Police Officer Dies, Eight Injured During Homa Bay Linda Mwananchi Rally

You Might Also Like

Seven Dead, Over 30 Injured After Matatu Rolls Several Times in Makueni

4 days ago

Rwandan Catholic Priest Found Dead in His Room at Nairobi Seminary

4 days ago

Driver Hunted After Allegedly Stabbing 19-Year-Old Passenger in Mbale

5 days ago

Armed Men Ambush Police Officer’s Car, Free Prisoner Along Narok-Mai Mahiu Highway

1 week ago

Pages

  • About us
  • News
  • Privacy Policy
  • sauce.co.ke

Find Us on Socials

sauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
Follow US
All rights reserved. A publication of Mercury Communications KE