By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
sauce.co.kesauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Reading: First US Soldiers to Die in Iran Conflict are Identified
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
sauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Search
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Home » News » First US Soldiers to Die in Iran Conflict are Identified
World

First US Soldiers to Die in Iran Conflict are Identified

Last updated: March 4, 2026 12:38 pm
David Osoro 6 months ago
Share
3 Min Read
SHARE

The American military has named its first troops killed in the conflict between the US and Iran.

Six soldiers died when an “unmanned aircraft system” evaded air defences to hit a command centre in Port Shuaiba, Kuwait, on Sunday.

US Central Command initially said three soldiers died in the attack, but officials confirmed on Monday the death toll had doubled, after one person succumbed to injuries and two more bodies were found in the rubble.

These six are the only fatalities confirmed by the US military since it launched a new war against Iran with Israel.

 

Four of the deceased, all US Army Reserve soldiers, were identified on Tuesday by the US military: Capt Cody Khork, 35, Sgt Noah Tietjens, 42, Sgt Nicole Amor, 39, and Sgt Declan Coady, 20.

 

Khork, a Florida resident, had previously deployed to Saudi Arabia, Guantanamo Bay and Poland.

 

Amor, of Minnesota, previously deployed to Kuwait and Iraq. Tietjens, a Nebraska resident, had twice before deployed to Kuwait. All three were decorated service members.

 

Coady was posthumously promoted from specialist, the US military said. The Iowa resident enlisted in the Army Reserve just three years ago.

In a briefing on Monday, Defence Secretary Pete Hegseth said a “powerful weapon” had struck a “tactical operations centre that was fortified”.

 

Three US military officials with direct knowledge of Iran’s attack told the BBC’s US partner CBS that the service members were working in a makeshift office space.

 

They questioned whether the building had been adequately fortified, telling CBS News a trailer was being used as an office, with 12ft (3.7m) steel-reinforced concrete barriers to shield it.

 

The US has a long-standing defence relationship with Kuwait, and more than 13,000 American soldiers are stationed in the Gulf nation.

 

Iran has responded to attacks against it by launching missiles at Gulf countries allied with the US. Bahrain, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Oman and Qatar have all also seen strikes.

 

Separately in Kuwait, the US confirmed three fighter jets were downed after what it described as an incident of “friendly fire” on Monday.

 

Footage showed the jets spiralling to the ground. The pilots involved all managed to eject and survived the incident.Iran state media claimed the Iranian military had shot down the jets, without providing evidence.

You Might Also Like

UK Prime Minister urges ‘reflection’ after Cambridge professor’s death

At Least 20 Killed in New Nigeria Violence: Lawmaker

Iran Calls for Release of Pilots Captured in Qatar During Middle East War

Israel rejects Trump’s 15-point peace plan for Gaza

Global ocean temperatures hit record July high as El Nino develops

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Email
Previous Article DCI Officer Linked to Roysambu Woman’s Death Finally Surrenders
Next Article Vybz Kartel Is Set To Perform In Kenya On 8th May 2026

Latest stories

  • Two Journalists Assaulted as Tension Escalates Ahead of Linda Mwananchi Rally in Homa Bay
  • Kindiki Claims Gachagua Ignored His Advice Before Impeachment
  • Gachagua Accuses Ruto and Kindiki of Trying to Divide Mt Kenya Ahead of 2027
  • SHA Disburses Second Batch of Payments for Pending NHIF Claims
  • Apple Declares iPhone X and 2018 MacBook Pro Obsolete
  • Police Intercept Vehicles, Arrest 15 Suspects Headed to Homa Bay
  • UK Prime Minister urges ‘reflection’ after Cambridge professor’s death
  • At Least 20 Killed in New Nigeria Violence: Lawmaker
  • Iran Calls for Release of Pilots Captured in Qatar During Middle East War

You Might Also Like

Oprah Winfrey to Close $40 Million Leadership School for Girls in South Africa

2 weeks ago

Bomb Carried by Woman Kills Three, Injures 21 near Moscow Restaurant, Authorities say

2 weeks ago

Influencer Andrew Tate and brother arrested in Miami

4 weeks ago

20 Pupils and Adult Killed in Uganda School Bus Crash as Government Suspends School Trips

4 weeks ago

Pages

  • About us
  • News
  • Privacy Policy
  • sauce.co.ke

Find Us on Socials

sauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
Follow US
All rights reserved. A publication of Mercury Communications KE