By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
sauce.co.kesauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Reading: Azimo clashes again with Kenya Kwanza over who won the election
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
sauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Search
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Home » News » Azimo clashes again with Kenya Kwanza over who won the election

Azimo clashes again with Kenya Kwanza over who won the election

Last updated: January 19, 2023 10:17 am
Jessicah Mwambia 4 years ago
Share
3 Min Read
SHARE

The Azimio la Umoja coalition has stirred controversy by once again claiming that its Presidential candidate Raila Odinga won the general election last year.

Jubilee secretary General Jeremiah Kioni while referencing a whistle blowers report claimed that Raila won the polls after garnering 8,170,355 votes ahead of President William Ruto who reportedly managed 5,919,973 votes.

“59 percent of the constituencies examined showed results that cannot be verified with absolute certainty but again, in the same document, what has been verified so far shows that Raila won the elections with 8,170,355 votes representing 57.53 of the votes cast. Ruto got 5,915,973 votes representing 41.66 pc of the votes cast,” said Kioni.

According to Kioni, the report shows that voting results from 144 constituencies were allegedly altered by some IEBC officials to give Ruto an edge in the contest.  Ruto on the other hand has been categorical that it is Azimio who wanted to alter the elections in order to subvert the will of the people.

On Tuesday, just a day before Azimio made their fresh claims, the president claimed that there was a plot to kidnap and murder retired IEBC chair Wafula Chebukati in order to alter the results of the elections.

“We know that there was a direct attempt to abduct Wafula Chebukati and murder him so that the commission would be paralysed, or a compliant commission to take over and subvert the people’s sovereignty,” President Ruto stated.

The President also noted that some IEBC officers were murdered in the course of duty by some actors who wanted to compromise the elections.

“We now know that Chairman Wafula Chebukati, commissioners Abdi Yakub Guliye and Boya Molu as well as the CEO, Hussein Marjan, and their staff, were offered stupendous financial rewards to cooperate with the agents of impunity, but they bravely resisted,” he said.

Kioni has differed sharply with the president claiming that it is infact Kenya Kwanza that rigged the elections especially in the vote rich Mt Kenya region.

“What we have seen in one of the pages is that at one point, 144 constituencies had their results verified and often at times those results are far from the results announced by IEBC,” said Kioni.

“Most of the manipulation happened within the Mt. Kenya region,” said the Jubilee Secretary General.

The secretary general has promised to issue a comprehensive report once opposition leader Raila Odinga returns from South Africa.

You Might Also Like

Two Journalists Assaulted as Tension Escalates Ahead of Linda Mwananchi Rally in Homa Bay

Kindiki Claims Gachagua Ignored His Advice Before Impeachment

Gachagua Accuses Ruto and Kindiki of Trying to Divide Mt Kenya Ahead of 2027

SHA Disburses Second Batch of Payments for Pending NHIF Claims

Apple Declares iPhone X and 2018 MacBook Pro Obsolete

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Email
Previous Article Sprinting legend Usain Bolt loses Sh1.5 billion of his lifetime savings to fraudsters
Next Article Juja: Land prospectors attacked and robbed

Latest stories

  • Two Journalists Assaulted as Tension Escalates Ahead of Linda Mwananchi Rally in Homa Bay
  • Kindiki Claims Gachagua Ignored His Advice Before Impeachment
  • Gachagua Accuses Ruto and Kindiki of Trying to Divide Mt Kenya Ahead of 2027
  • SHA Disburses Second Batch of Payments for Pending NHIF Claims
  • Apple Declares iPhone X and 2018 MacBook Pro Obsolete
  • Police Intercept Vehicles, Arrest 15 Suspects Headed to Homa Bay
  • UK Prime Minister urges ‘reflection’ after Cambridge professor’s death
  • At Least 20 Killed in New Nigeria Violence: Lawmaker
  • Iran Calls for Release of Pilots Captured in Qatar During Middle East War

You Might Also Like

Police Intercept Vehicles, Arrest 15 Suspects Headed to Homa Bay

1 day ago

UK Prime Minister urges ‘reflection’ after Cambridge professor’s death

1 day ago

At Least 20 Killed in New Nigeria Violence: Lawmaker

1 day ago

Iran Calls for Release of Pilots Captured in Qatar During Middle East War

1 day ago

Pages

  • About us
  • News
  • Privacy Policy
  • sauce.co.ke

Find Us on Socials

sauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
Follow US
All rights reserved. A publication of Mercury Communications KE