By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
sauce.co.kesauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Reading: Buckingham Palace says Prince Harry will not stay at palace
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
sauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Search
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Home » News » Buckingham Palace says Prince Harry will not stay at palace
World

Buckingham Palace says Prince Harry will not stay at palace

Last updated: July 6, 2026 3:31 pm
David Osoro 1 month ago
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE

Buckingham Palace says Prince Harry will not be staying at the palace for part of his visit to London this week despite his team announcing this morning that he had accepted an invitation to do so.

Royal sources say the duke had not formally responded to the offer of accommodation at a Royal residence by the deadline, which was the end of last week, and was told over the weekend that he could no longer stay at Buckingham Palace.

It is understood that the palace requires a minimum notice period to ensure a guest can be hosted and staff from the Royal Household provided.

A spokesperson for Prince Harry said that despite their earlier statement – they understood that the offer to stay at the palace had now been “withdrawn” – a decision they described as disappointing.

Prince Harry is travelling to the UK to promote the Invictus Games, which will be held in Birmingham next year, and charity events.

It is understood that he will not be accompanied by his wife Meghan and their two children, Archie and Lilibet, when he visits London, after it was confirmed that the family would not be provided with taxpayer-funded police security.

But it is possible that they may join Prince Harry in Birmingham to promote the Invictus Games later in the week.

It is unclear whether a meeting between King Charles and his two grandchildren, aged seven and five – who he has not seen in person for four years – will take place under the revised schedule.

During his visit to Birmingham, Prince Harry is expected to visit the city’s children’s hospital and Birmingham’s National Exhibition Centre, which will be hosting the Invictus Games – held for injured military personnel.

There had been reports that the later part of the trip would also include a visit to Althorp in Northampton, the family estate of Prince Harry’s mother, Diana, Princess of Wales. It is understood there were plans for him to take his wife and children to his mother’s private grave.

The Duke of Sussex’s long-running dispute with the UK government over security stretches back to his decision to step back from his role as a senior royal in 2020 and move to the US with his family.

He has contested a decision by the Royal and VIP Executive Committee’s Risk Management Board that because he was going to be an infrequent visitor to the UK, his security would be assessed on a case-by-case basis.

He has previously said he would not bring his family to the country without improved security arrangements, telling the BBC in 2025 that he could not “see a world in which I would be bringing my wife and children back to the UK at this point”.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were last together in the UK in 2022, at the time of the funeral of Queen Elizabeth II.

He has since travelled to the country alone, and met his father on a trip last September.

You Might Also Like

UK Prime Minister urges ‘reflection’ after Cambridge professor’s death

At Least 20 Killed in New Nigeria Violence: Lawmaker

Iran Calls for Release of Pilots Captured in Qatar During Middle East War

Israel rejects Trump’s 15-point peace plan for Gaza

Global ocean temperatures hit record July high as El Nino develops

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Email
Previous Article DCI Investigates Murder of High Court Advocate Found Dead Outside Athi River Estate
Next Article President Ruto Announces Sh3 Billion NYOTA Disbursement

Latest stories

  • ‘Why Should I Suffer Alone?’ Woman Reveals How She Left Children at Their Father’s Workplace
  • Married Woman Confronts Pregnant Househelp Over Alleged Affair With Her Husband
  • EACC Arrests Nine Over Alleged Sh1.57 Billion Government Funds Fraud
  • Gachagua Urges Mathira Residents to Block UDA Agents From Polling Stations
  • Kaluma Calls for Arrest of Orengo, Babu Owino, Sifuna Over Homa Bay Rally Violence
  • Ndindi Nyoro Announces Exit From UDA, Joins Opposition
  • Two Killed in Grisly Range Rover Crash Along Nairobi’s Riverside Drive
  • Nick Mutuma Offers KSh100,000 Reward for Stolen Filming Equipment
  • Police Officer Dies, Eight Injured During Homa Bay Linda Mwananchi Rally

You Might Also Like

Oprah Winfrey to Close $40 Million Leadership School for Girls in South Africa

2 weeks ago

Bomb Carried by Woman Kills Three, Injures 21 near Moscow Restaurant, Authorities say

2 weeks ago

Influencer Andrew Tate and brother arrested in Miami

4 weeks ago

20 Pupils and Adult Killed in Uganda School Bus Crash as Government Suspends School Trips

1 month ago

Pages

  • About us
  • News
  • Privacy Policy
  • sauce.co.ke

Find Us on Socials

sauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
Follow US
All rights reserved. A publication of Mercury Communications KE