By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
sauce.co.kesauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Reading: Duale: Govt has spent Sh13 billion on relief food
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
sauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Search
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Home » News » Duale: Govt has spent Sh13 billion on relief food

Duale: Govt has spent Sh13 billion on relief food

Last updated: March 14, 2023 9:39 am
Jessicah Mwambia 3 years ago
Share
3 Min Read
Cabinet Secretary Aden Duale.
SHARE

Defense Cabinet Secretary Aden Duale has said that the government has so far spent Sh13 billion to buy and distribute relief food to Kenyans affected by the drought and in dire need of relief food.

Speaking this morning in Garissa Township Sub County where he led a food distribution exercise, Duale said that the government would continue to distribute relief food and warned that action would be taken against any officer found to have diverted the food elsewhere.

More Read

Ndindi Nyoro Announces Exit From UDA, Joins Opposition
Two Killed in Grisly Range Rover Crash Along Nairobi’s Riverside Drive

According to the National Drought Management Authority, more than 45,000 households in Garissa County are facing starvation.

The NDMA in conjunction with the county government is currently conducting water trucking to affected areas, and school feeding programmes to help keep the children in school, while a section of Non-governmental organizations and well-wishers are conducting cash transfers to the vulnerable.

“We have experienced low rainfalls in the last few years and it is not in Garissa only. Even places where we used to experience enough rains are becoming drylands and so the government has spent Sh13 billion to buy relief food for Kenyans,” Duale said.

“We want this food to reach everyone who is suffering and we will not allow those who sell and transport relief food or those who supervise the distribution exercises to the most vulnerable members of our society to play with this food,” he added.

Garissa Township MP Dekow Mohamed said that there is need to consider distributing more relief food in the town where more people who lost their livestock to drought have migrated to.

“We have a problem here because other sub counties are considered where township is left out in food distribution programmes. We are the most affected because people have migrated here and need this relief food too,” Dekow said.

The MP further urged the county government to fast track the process of finding more permanent water solutions so that every citizen in the county can have access to clean water for both domestic use and for livestock.

The CS was also joined by Garissa County Commissioner Boaz Cherutich, county security committee members, officials from the NDMA and a section of the MCAs.

You Might Also Like

Nick Mutuma Offers KSh100,000 Reward for Stolen Filming Equipment

Police Officer Dies, Eight Injured During Homa Bay Linda Mwananchi Rally

JKUAT Student Accuses American National of Rape After Tinder Date in Westlands

Aisha Jumwa Responds to Duale Over Literacy Remarks

Two Journalists Assaulted as Tension Escalates Ahead of Linda Mwananchi Rally in Homa Bay

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Email
Previous Article Journalists beaten up in Homa Bay
Next Article China to reopen its borders to tourists for the first time in three years

Latest stories

  • Ndindi Nyoro Announces Exit From UDA, Joins Opposition
  • Two Killed in Grisly Range Rover Crash Along Nairobi’s Riverside Drive
  • Nick Mutuma Offers KSh100,000 Reward for Stolen Filming Equipment
  • Police Officer Dies, Eight Injured During Homa Bay Linda Mwananchi Rally
  • JKUAT Student Accuses American National of Rape After Tinder Date in Westlands
  • Aisha Jumwa Responds to Duale Over Literacy Remarks
  • Two Journalists Assaulted as Tension Escalates Ahead of Linda Mwananchi Rally in Homa Bay
  • Kindiki Claims Gachagua Ignored His Advice Before Impeachment
  • Gachagua Accuses Ruto and Kindiki of Trying to Divide Mt Kenya Ahead of 2027

You Might Also Like

Kindiki Claims Gachagua Ignored His Advice Before Impeachment

13 hours ago

Gachagua Accuses Ruto and Kindiki of Trying to Divide Mt Kenya Ahead of 2027

2 days ago

SHA Disburses Second Batch of Payments for Pending NHIF Claims

2 days ago

Apple Declares iPhone X and 2018 MacBook Pro Obsolete

2 days ago

Pages

  • About us
  • News
  • Privacy Policy
  • sauce.co.ke

Find Us on Socials

sauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
Follow US
All rights reserved. A publication of Mercury Communications KE