Police in Kajiado are investigating the death of a man who passed away after inhaling a toilet cleaning solution purchased from a street vendor.
Peter Muturi Meriti, a land broker in Kajiado County, had visited a local wines and spirits shop when he noticed a container of the detergent and, driven by curiosity, decided to inhale its contents.
Shortly after inhaling the fumes, he began experiencing distressing symptoms, including nosebleeds, stomach pain, and vision impairment.
Meriti promptly informed the authorities and was swiftly taken to the nearby Ngong hospital under suspicion of consuming illegal alcohol.
Despite medical intervention, his condition deteriorated rapidly, and he succumbed to the effects of the toxic exposure the following day.
The two individuals working at the liquor store, Consolata Wairimu, and Grace Njeri, informed the police that they had purchased the homemade detergent from a street vendor and had used it in the store.
Law enforcement officials have launched an investigation into the incident and have seized the poisonous detergent for further examination.