By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
sauce.co.kesauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Reading: State suffers blow as DPP declines to charge Matiangi
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
sauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Search
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Home » News » State suffers blow as DPP declines to charge Matiangi

State suffers blow as DPP declines to charge Matiangi

Last updated: March 13, 2023 1:48 pm
BBC news 3 years ago
Share
2 Min Read
SHARE

The Office of the Directorate of Public Prosecutions has directed the Directorate of Criminal Investigations to close the inquiry file on former Interior Cabinet Secretary Fred Matiangi and lawyer Danstan Omari citing insufficient evidence.

The DPP has said that the evidence provided did not meet the threshold needed to prove the alleged felony and cybercrime offences against the former security boss.

More Read

Ndindi Nyoro Announces Exit From UDA, Joins Opposition
Two Killed in Grisly Range Rover Crash Along Nairobi’s Riverside Drive

The DPP said that no further police action should be taken against Matiangi and Omari.

“Upon independent and thorough analysis of the evidence availed and a review of the statements of the witnesses, the Director of Public Prosecutions found that the evidence provided was not sufficient to sustain the above charges against Dr. Fred Okeng’o Matiang’i and his advocate Mr. Danstan Omari,” Lilian Obuo, the Deputy Director of Public Prosecutions and Chief of Staff said.

On March 7, the DCI forwarded an inquiry file to the DPP for perusal and advise on the charges against Matiangi- conspiracy to commit a felony following allegations of a raid at his Karen home and publishing false information with intent to cause panic.

The felony charge given preferred against him said “between 8th February 2023 and 9th February 2023 at Karen Ngong View Estate within Nairobi County in the Republic of Kenya with intent to cause panic, chaos or violence among citizens of the Republic of Kenya jointly with another published in the media that his house had been raided by a battalion and or Garrison of Police officers intending to arrest you a fact you knew to be false.”

You Might Also Like

Nick Mutuma Offers KSh100,000 Reward for Stolen Filming Equipment

Police Officer Dies, Eight Injured During Homa Bay Linda Mwananchi Rally

JKUAT Student Accuses American National of Rape After Tinder Date in Westlands

Aisha Jumwa Responds to Duale Over Literacy Remarks

Two Journalists Assaulted as Tension Escalates Ahead of Linda Mwananchi Rally in Homa Bay

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Email
Previous Article Which handshake? Sakaja denies calling for a truce between Ruto and Raila
Next Article Eldoret makes a step closer to becoming Kenya’s fifth city

Latest stories

  • Ndindi Nyoro Announces Exit From UDA, Joins Opposition
  • Two Killed in Grisly Range Rover Crash Along Nairobi’s Riverside Drive
  • Nick Mutuma Offers KSh100,000 Reward for Stolen Filming Equipment
  • Police Officer Dies, Eight Injured During Homa Bay Linda Mwananchi Rally
  • JKUAT Student Accuses American National of Rape After Tinder Date in Westlands
  • Aisha Jumwa Responds to Duale Over Literacy Remarks
  • Two Journalists Assaulted as Tension Escalates Ahead of Linda Mwananchi Rally in Homa Bay
  • Kindiki Claims Gachagua Ignored His Advice Before Impeachment
  • Gachagua Accuses Ruto and Kindiki of Trying to Divide Mt Kenya Ahead of 2027

You Might Also Like

Kindiki Claims Gachagua Ignored His Advice Before Impeachment

16 hours ago

Gachagua Accuses Ruto and Kindiki of Trying to Divide Mt Kenya Ahead of 2027

2 days ago

SHA Disburses Second Batch of Payments for Pending NHIF Claims

2 days ago

Apple Declares iPhone X and 2018 MacBook Pro Obsolete

2 days ago

Pages

  • About us
  • News
  • Privacy Policy
  • sauce.co.ke

Find Us on Socials

sauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
Follow US
All rights reserved. A publication of Mercury Communications KE