A tragic incident unfolded in K’Onyango ‘B’ village, Udira Kamrembo, Ugenya Sub-County, where a 4-year-old girl lost her life after being electrocuted on Saturday evening.
The young victim, identified as Precious Atieno Oduor, met her untimely demise due to an electric shock from a water heater.
Siaya County Police Commander Cleti Kimaiyo disclosed that the incident was reported to the Sega police station by Assistant Chief Michael Nyadenge, who conveyed the heartbreaking news of the child’s electrocution at her parents’ residence.
Investigations revealed that the little girl, a PP1 pupil at Udira Kamrembo Primary School, had been left under the care of her mother, Conslate Akinyi Otieno, while playing unsupervised in the neighborhood.
Upon her return, the mother discovered the distressing scene of her daughter having been electrocuted, presumably while playing with the water heater.
Officers from Sega police station arrived at the scene to find the child’s lifeless body, bearing electric burns on her hands, palms, and chest.
Confirming the tragic incident, Kimaiyo informed that the body was transferred to Sega Mission Hospital mortuary for a postmortem examination as authorities initiate investigations into the circumstances surrounding the heartbreaking event.