By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
sauce.co.kesauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Reading: Police investigate shooting at Drake’s home
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
sauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Search
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Home » News » Police investigate shooting at Drake’s home

Police investigate shooting at Drake’s home

Last updated: May 8, 2024 10:07 am
Daniel Kiptoo Bargoria 2 years ago
Share
3 Min Read
SHARE

Toronto police have said a security guard was shot overnight outside the home of Canadian rapper Drake.

Police said suspects in a vehicle shot the guard at the corner of the Park Lane Circle mansion around 02:00 EDT (09:00 EAT) on Tuesday before fleeing the scene.

It remains unclear if Drake was at home when the incident occurred or whether he was a target of the shooting.

He is currently embroiled in a war of words with US rap rival Kendrick Lamar.

But police said it was too early in their investigation to speak about a motive.

“We are in contact with [Drake’s] team and they are cooperating,” Inspector Paul Krawczyk of the Integrated Gun and Gang Task Force told reporters on Tuesday morning.

He said police are currently assessing video that captures the shooting but is not releasing information about it due to video quality issues.

The victim is in hospital and is in serious condition, he added.

Witnesses told Canadian media he had sustained several gunshot wounds, including one to the chest.

Toronto Mayor Olivia Chow told reporters she had been briefed by police about the shooting but declined to provide details.

“Any shooting is not welcome in this city and I hope the police will find the people that are violating the law and catch them,” she said.

The lyrical beef between Drake and Lamar has grown bitterly personal, with a flurry of “diss tracks” exchanged between two of hip-hop’s biggest stars over the weekend.

The Canadian’s house, in the ritzy Bridle Path neighbourhood of Toronto, is the subject of cover art for Lamar’s latest song Not Like Us, which is currently topping US and global music charts.

In the song, Lamar accuses Drake of having relationships with underage women, and of harbouring a secret love child, with the image appearing to suggest he is housing multiple sex offenders under his roof.

Drake’s response, “The Heart Part 6”, denies the allegations and says he “feels disgusted” by them.

The rapper has discussed his home, which he refers to as The Embassy, in his own music and on social media. Its gates are twice as high as permissible under city law, because of his security needs.

Pictures online show the property has been cordoned off with caution tape as police investigate the shooting.

You Might Also Like

Ndindi Nyoro Announces Exit From UDA, Joins Opposition

Two Killed in Grisly Range Rover Crash Along Nairobi’s Riverside Drive

Nick Mutuma Offers KSh100,000 Reward for Stolen Filming Equipment

Police Officer Dies, Eight Injured During Homa Bay Linda Mwananchi Rally

JKUAT Student Accuses American National of Rape After Tinder Date in Westlands

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Email
Previous Article Putin formally takes office as Russian president for six-year term
Next Article CS Chelugui unveils new team to steer KUSCCO operations
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Latest stories

  • Ndindi Nyoro Announces Exit From UDA, Joins Opposition
  • Two Killed in Grisly Range Rover Crash Along Nairobi’s Riverside Drive
  • Nick Mutuma Offers KSh100,000 Reward for Stolen Filming Equipment
  • Police Officer Dies, Eight Injured During Homa Bay Linda Mwananchi Rally
  • JKUAT Student Accuses American National of Rape After Tinder Date in Westlands
  • Aisha Jumwa Responds to Duale Over Literacy Remarks
  • Two Journalists Assaulted as Tension Escalates Ahead of Linda Mwananchi Rally in Homa Bay
  • Kindiki Claims Gachagua Ignored His Advice Before Impeachment
  • Gachagua Accuses Ruto and Kindiki of Trying to Divide Mt Kenya Ahead of 2027

You Might Also Like

Aisha Jumwa Responds to Duale Over Literacy Remarks

13 hours ago

Two Journalists Assaulted as Tension Escalates Ahead of Linda Mwananchi Rally in Homa Bay

2 days ago

Kindiki Claims Gachagua Ignored His Advice Before Impeachment

13 hours ago

Gachagua Accuses Ruto and Kindiki of Trying to Divide Mt Kenya Ahead of 2027

2 days ago

Pages

  • About us
  • News
  • Privacy Policy
  • sauce.co.ke

Find Us on Socials

sauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
Follow US
All rights reserved. A publication of Mercury Communications KE