By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
sauce.co.kesauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Reading: Trump: U.S. to Hold Talks with Iran Next Week After Ceasefire
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
sauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Search
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Home » News » Trump: U.S. to Hold Talks with Iran Next Week After Ceasefire
World

Trump: U.S. to Hold Talks with Iran Next Week After Ceasefire

Last updated: June 26, 2025 9:43 am
Sauce News Team 1 year ago
Share
2 Min Read
WASHINGTON, DC - MARCH 25: U.S. President Donald Trump listens to a reporter's question during an Ambassador Meeting in the Cabinet Room of the White House on March 25, 2025 in Washington, DC. During the meeting, Trump answered questions from reporters on the news that Jeffrey Goldberg, the editor-in-chief of The Atlantic magazine, was accidentally added to a Signal group chat of top administration officials, where highly sensitive national security information was discussed. (Photo by Win McNamee/Getty Images)
SHARE

THE HAGUE, June 25: U.S. President Donald Trump has announced that the United States will hold direct talks with Iran next week, in a move that could signal a major diplomatic shift following recent military escalations in the Middle East.

“We’re going to talk to them next week, with Iran. We may sign an agreement,” Trump said at a press conference in The Hague on Wednesday after the NATO summit.

Ceasefire Holding

Trump also commented on the status of the ceasefire between Iran and Israel, which he said was progressing positively.

“I think it’s going very good. Israel came back yesterday,” he said, referring to his Tuesday warning urging Israel to halt its airstrikes on Iran.

Timeline of Escalation

  • June 13: Israel launched major airstrikes on Iranian territory, hitting multiple military and nuclear targets. The attacks reportedly killed several top commanders, nuclear scientists, and civilians.
  • June 15–17: Iran retaliated by launching a series of missile and drone strikes against Israel, resulting in casualties and extensive infrastructure damage.
  • June 22: The U.S. entered the conflict by bombing three key Iranian nuclear sites: Fordow, Natanz, and Isfahan.
  • June 24: In response, Iran targeted the U.S. Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar with missiles, escalating tensions further.

Diplomacy Begins

On Tuesday, Trump announced a ceasefire between Israel and Iran, stating it would begin at 0400 GMT. Both Iran and Israel have since confirmed the truce, with military activity significantly reduced across the region.

If next week’s U.S.-Iran talks proceed, they will mark the first known direct engagement between Washington and Tehran since the deadly military escalation began earlier this month.

You Might Also Like

UK Prime Minister urges ‘reflection’ after Cambridge professor’s death

At Least 20 Killed in New Nigeria Violence: Lawmaker

Iran Calls for Release of Pilots Captured in Qatar During Middle East War

Israel rejects Trump’s 15-point peace plan for Gaza

Global ocean temperatures hit record July high as El Nino develops

TAGGED: Iran, Trump
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Email
Previous Article Court suspends ban on live coverage of Kenya anti-gov’t protests
Next Article Robertt Matano Robert Matano set to be unveiled as the new KCB FC head coach

Latest stories

  • Mother and Daughter Arrested Over KSh40 Million Land Fraud in Karatina
  • Ndindi Nyoro Declares 2027 Presidential Bid, Pledges to Back Opposition Unity
  • Tigoni ‘Park and Chill’ Spot Becomes Inaccessible After Resident Digs Trench
  • Seven Killed After Helicopter Crashes at Mt Ololokwe in Samburu
  • 17-Year-Old Arraigned Over Murder of Man Found Dead Along Thika Road
  • Samidoh Officially Enters Ol Joro Orok MP Race, Pledges to Champion Education
  • Sharon Otieno’s Family Supports Former Governor Okoth Obado’s Plea for Leniency
  • ‘Why Should I Suffer Alone?’ Woman Reveals How She Left Children at Their Father’s Workplace
  • Married Woman Confronts Pregnant Househelp Over Alleged Affair With Her Husband

You Might Also Like

Oprah Winfrey to Close $40 Million Leadership School for Girls in South Africa

2 weeks ago

Bomb Carried by Woman Kills Three, Injures 21 near Moscow Restaurant, Authorities say

3 weeks ago

Influencer Andrew Tate and brother arrested in Miami

1 month ago

20 Pupils and Adult Killed in Uganda School Bus Crash as Government Suspends School Trips

1 month ago

Pages

  • About us
  • News
  • Privacy Policy
  • sauce.co.ke

Find Us on Socials

sauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
Follow US
All rights reserved. A publication of Mercury Communications KE