By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
sauce.co.kesauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Reading: Kenya police arrest, detain pro-Palestine protesters
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
sauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Search
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Home » News » Kenya police arrest, detain pro-Palestine protesters

Kenya police arrest, detain pro-Palestine protesters

Last updated: October 23, 2023 11:27 am
Daniel Kiptoo Bargoria 3 years ago
Share
2 Min Read
Three people were arrested by Kenya police for participating in a pro-Palestine meeting organised by the Kenya Palestinian Solidarity Committee
SHARE

Kenyan police have released three people who were arrested for participating in a pro-Palestine meeting in the capital, Nairobi.

The three protesters were freed on Sunday, October 22, without any charges preferred on them. It is however reported that they were only freed after widespread criticism from some Kenyans, politicians, and human rights groups.

Kenyan MP Yusuf Hassan also condemned the arrests.

The arrested protesters had said they were holding a “solidarity meeting”.

The head of Amnesty International in Kenya, Irũngũ Houghton, said that the disruption of the meeting was “unlawful” and “deeply disturbing”.

The meeting had been organized by the Kenya Palestinian Solidarity Committee after police stopped an earlier demonstration that the group had planned outside the US embassy.

President William Ruto has expressed his government’s full support for Israel in the ongoing conflict.

Israel vows to step up Gaza bombardment

Israel’s military has pledged to step up its bombardment of the Gaza Strip in the next stage of the war. The IDF has also vowed to continue to attack targets that could be considered a threat to its ground forces.

This picture taken from Israel’s southern city of Sderot shows smoke billowing over the northern Gaza Strip on October 22, 2023. (AFP/ Getty images).

Israel is widely expected to launch a major ground offensive into Gaza to “demolish” the Palestinian militant group Hamas.

Palestinians say they have received new warnings from Israel’s military to move from north Gaza to the south, Reuters reported. The warning also added that they may be identified as sympathizers with a “terrorist organization” if they stay put.

Meanwhile, Israel’s military launched an air strike on an underground compound at a mosque in the occupied West Bank that allegedly contained a “terror cell.”

Additional reporting by CNBC, Reuters, and sauce.co.ke

You Might Also Like

Two Journalists Assaulted as Tension Escalates Ahead of Linda Mwananchi Rally in Homa Bay

Kindiki Claims Gachagua Ignored His Advice Before Impeachment

Gachagua Accuses Ruto and Kindiki of Trying to Divide Mt Kenya Ahead of 2027

SHA Disburses Second Batch of Payments for Pending NHIF Claims

Apple Declares iPhone X and 2018 MacBook Pro Obsolete

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Email
Previous Article Kenya shilling expected to hit 160 against the dollar
Next Article Kalonzo defends bi-partisan talks against legal challenge
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Latest stories

  • Two Journalists Assaulted as Tension Escalates Ahead of Linda Mwananchi Rally in Homa Bay
  • Kindiki Claims Gachagua Ignored His Advice Before Impeachment
  • Gachagua Accuses Ruto and Kindiki of Trying to Divide Mt Kenya Ahead of 2027
  • SHA Disburses Second Batch of Payments for Pending NHIF Claims
  • Apple Declares iPhone X and 2018 MacBook Pro Obsolete
  • Police Intercept Vehicles, Arrest 15 Suspects Headed to Homa Bay
  • UK Prime Minister urges ‘reflection’ after Cambridge professor’s death
  • At Least 20 Killed in New Nigeria Violence: Lawmaker
  • Iran Calls for Release of Pilots Captured in Qatar During Middle East War

You Might Also Like

Police Intercept Vehicles, Arrest 15 Suspects Headed to Homa Bay

21 hours ago

UK Prime Minister urges ‘reflection’ after Cambridge professor’s death

20 hours ago

At Least 20 Killed in New Nigeria Violence: Lawmaker

20 hours ago

Iran Calls for Release of Pilots Captured in Qatar During Middle East War

20 hours ago

Pages

  • About us
  • News
  • Privacy Policy
  • sauce.co.ke

Find Us on Socials

sauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
Follow US
All rights reserved. A publication of Mercury Communications KE