By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
sauce.co.kesauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Reading: Court Acquits Senator Jackson Mandago and Co-Accused in KSh1.1 Billion Finland Scholarship Case
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
sauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Search
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Home » News » Court Acquits Senator Jackson Mandago and Co-Accused in KSh1.1 Billion Finland Scholarship Case
News

Court Acquits Senator Jackson Mandago and Co-Accused in KSh1.1 Billion Finland Scholarship Case

Last updated: July 23, 2026 9:10 pm
David Osoro 4 weeks ago
Share
2 Min Read
SHARE

Former Uasin Gishu Governor and current Senator Jackson Mandago, alongside his two co-accused, has been acquitted in the KSh1.1 billion Finland education scholarship case after a Nakuru court ruled that the prosecution failed to establish a case against them.

The judgment, initially scheduled for July 21 but postponed due to paperwork, was delivered on Wednesday by Senior Principal Magistrate Alloyce Ndege.

Before delivering the ruling, the magistrate reviewed the prosecution’s case, noting that it had presented testimony from 138 witnesses, the majority of whom were parents and students who claimed to have lost money through the controversial overseas education programme.

“The prosecution brought 138 witnesses, mostly victims. Victims were told that the one-time payment would cater for all. Simultaneously, students testified to an experience whereby after making payment they were subjected to other fees; the vast majority were in debt. They allege that the programme was not clear, but they trusted it because it was being spearheaded by the third accused person,” Magistrate Ndege said.

Despite the extensive witness testimony, the court found that the prosecution had failed to prove the charges to the required legal standard.

“I dismiss all charges against the accused persons and acquit them,” the magistrate ruled.

The case arose from allegations that hundreds of students and parents were defrauded through the Uasin Gishu overseas education programme, under which families paid millions of shillings in the hope of securing university placements in Finland and Canada.

During the trial, many witnesses testified that they had been assured a one-time payment would cover all tuition and related expenses. However, several students later told the court they were required to pay additional fees after arriving abroad, leaving many families in financial distress.

With the acquittal, Mandago and his two co-accused have been cleared of all charges in the high-profile case.

You Might Also Like

SHA Disburses Second Batch of Payments for Pending NHIF Claims

Kakamega Senator Boni Khalwale Loses Wife

Stop Bullying Us: Sharon Otieno’s Parents Speak Out After Obado’s Conviction

PPB Warns Kenyans Over Fake Postinor-2 Emergency Contraceptives

Matiang’i Among 22 Ordered to Repay Ksh.2.7 billion over Ruaraka Land Saga

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Email
Previous Article High Court Convicts Former Migori Governor Okoth Obado, Two Others in Sharon Otieno Murder Case
Next Article Police Seize Sh13.4 Million Cannabis Haul After Intercepting SUV in Nandi County

Latest stories

  • Aisha Jumwa Responds to Duale Over Literacy Remarks
  • Two Journalists Assaulted as Tension Escalates Ahead of Linda Mwananchi Rally in Homa Bay
  • Kindiki Claims Gachagua Ignored His Advice Before Impeachment
  • Gachagua Accuses Ruto and Kindiki of Trying to Divide Mt Kenya Ahead of 2027
  • SHA Disburses Second Batch of Payments for Pending NHIF Claims
  • Apple Declares iPhone X and 2018 MacBook Pro Obsolete
  • Police Intercept Vehicles, Arrest 15 Suspects Headed to Homa Bay
  • UK Prime Minister urges ‘reflection’ after Cambridge professor’s death
  • At Least 20 Killed in New Nigeria Violence: Lawmaker

You Might Also Like

Kenyan National Arrested in Zambia Over Alleged Election Cybercrime Plot

4 days ago

DCI Claims Gachagua Communicated With Suspects in Dr Victoria Mutiso Murder

1 week ago

Auctioneers Move to Seize Senator Hezena Lemaletian’s Property Over KSh447,823 Court Debt

2 weeks ago
SHA corruption fuels suffering

Kenya Makes Health Insurance Mandatory for Incoming Travellers

2 weeks ago

Pages

  • About us
  • News
  • Privacy Policy
  • sauce.co.ke

Find Us on Socials

sauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
Follow US
All rights reserved. A publication of Mercury Communications KE