By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
sauce.co.kesauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Reading: Mo Salah to miss the next two Afcon games with hamstring injury
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
sauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Search
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Home » News » Mo Salah to miss the next two Afcon games with hamstring injury

Mo Salah to miss the next two Afcon games with hamstring injury

Last updated: January 20, 2024 2:31 pm
Daniel Kiptoo Bargoria 3 years ago
Share
2 Min Read
Mohamed Salah
Mohamed Salah at the Afcon 2023
SHARE

Mohamed Salah will miss Egypt’s vital Africa Cup of Nations Group B game against Cape Verde on Monday with a hamstring injury.

The Liverpool forward, 31, is also out of a possible last-16 tie should Egypt qualify.

Salah limped off before half-time in the 2-2 draw with Ghana on Thursday.

The result has left the record seven-time African champions needing to beat the already-qualified Cape Verde to guarantee their progression.

“Tests on Mohamed Salah, the captain of the Egypt national team, proved that he suffered a hamstring injury and will miss the next two matches of the team at the Afcon,” the Egyptian Football Association said.

Salah will therefore only feature in the tournament again if Egypt advance to a quarter-final on 2 or 3 February.

We know how rarely Mo goes off – Klopp

Earlier on Friday Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp suggested Salah’s hamstring problem was likely to be severe, given the forward had missed just 10 league games for the Reds in more than six seasons.

“He was shocked and couldn’t see why he was hit by something so intense,” said Klopp.

“You have these hamstring injuries in a different way. He felt it and we know how rarely Mo goes off, or needs to go off, so it is definitely something.”

Losing Salah, who is on the cusp of 100 caps for his country, comes as a major blow to Egypt, who have made a sluggish start to their campaign in the Ivory Coast, collecting two points from two matches.

Salah scored a last-gasp penalty on Sunday, after a VAR decision, to help Egypt draw 2-2 with Mozambique to avoid an embarrassing opening defeat, and they also twice had to come from behind against Ghana.

The last of Egypt’s seven titles at the Cup of Nations came in 2010, a year before Salah made his international debut.

You Might Also Like

Mother and Daughter Arrested Over KSh40 Million Land Fraud in Karatina

Ndindi Nyoro Declares 2027 Presidential Bid, Pledges to Back Opposition Unity

Tigoni ‘Park and Chill’ Spot Becomes Inaccessible After Resident Digs Trench

Seven Killed After Helicopter Crashes at Mt Ololokwe in Samburu

17-Year-Old Arraigned Over Murder of Man Found Dead Along Thika Road

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Email
Previous Article FKF boss Nick Mwendwa’s IT firm loses lucrative KCB Mtaani, Inua Jamii contracts
Next Article Gachagua Vows to File Petition to Remove Justice Esther Maina Gachagua moves to consolidate his Mt Kenya leadership amid Nyoro onslaught
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Latest stories

  • Mother and Daughter Arrested Over KSh40 Million Land Fraud in Karatina
  • Ndindi Nyoro Declares 2027 Presidential Bid, Pledges to Back Opposition Unity
  • Tigoni ‘Park and Chill’ Spot Becomes Inaccessible After Resident Digs Trench
  • Seven Killed After Helicopter Crashes at Mt Ololokwe in Samburu
  • 17-Year-Old Arraigned Over Murder of Man Found Dead Along Thika Road
  • Samidoh Officially Enters Ol Joro Orok MP Race, Pledges to Champion Education
  • Sharon Otieno’s Family Supports Former Governor Okoth Obado’s Plea for Leniency
  • ‘Why Should I Suffer Alone?’ Woman Reveals How She Left Children at Their Father’s Workplace
  • Married Woman Confronts Pregnant Househelp Over Alleged Affair With Her Husband

You Might Also Like

Samidoh Officially Enters Ol Joro Orok MP Race, Pledges to Champion Education

2 days ago

Sharon Otieno’s Family Supports Former Governor Okoth Obado’s Plea for Leniency

2 days ago

‘Why Should I Suffer Alone?’ Woman Reveals How She Left Children at Their Father’s Workplace

3 days ago

Married Woman Confronts Pregnant Househelp Over Alleged Affair With Her Husband

3 days ago

Pages

  • About us
  • News
  • Privacy Policy
  • sauce.co.ke

Find Us on Socials

sauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
Follow US
All rights reserved. A publication of Mercury Communications KE