By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
sauce.co.kesauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Reading: Iran Supreme Leader Calls for Revenge After Father’s Burial
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
sauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Search
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Home » News » Iran Supreme Leader Calls for Revenge After Father’s Burial
World

Iran Supreme Leader Calls for Revenge After Father’s Burial

Last updated: July 12, 2026 12:12 pm
BBC news 1 month ago
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE

Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Mojtaba Khamenei has called for revenge for the death of his father and predecessor Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

He said vengeance was the “will of the nation” in a written statement read out on state TV. It was his first public message since his father’s funeral ceremonies began this week.

Khamenei senior, 86, was killed in an air strike on 28 February, the first day of the US-Israeli war against Iran.

Meanwhile US President Donald Trump has warned any Iranian plans to kill him would see the US “decimate and destroy all areas” of Iran in response.

 

The threats came after an exchange of strikes between the US and Iran earlier this week, sparked by attacks on three commercial tankers, purportedly by Iran.

 

The exchanges have raised tensions between the two sides, prompting Trump to declare the ceasefire over, though he said talks aimed at ending the war would continue.

 

Ali Khamenei was buried in his home city of Mashhad on Friday after nearly a week of funeral ceremonies.

His son has not been seen in public since before the war, and is rumoured to have been disfigured in the strike which killed his father.

But his statement on Saturday was uncompromising.

“We pledge to avenge the blood of the martyred leader and all the martyrs of these two wars from the criminal and disgraced killers,” he was quoted as saying.

“Vengeance is the will of our nation and must inevitably be carried out.

“The matter depends neither on my personal existence nor on that of other officials. Whether we are present or not, it will come to pass.”

Those responsible “will take the wish for a peaceful death in their beds to their graves”, he added.

There have been open calls for Trump’s assassination at the funeral.

 

In the early hours of Saturday, Trump responded to reports that Iran had plans to assassinate him.

The US would “completely decimate and destroy all areas” of the country in retaliation to such an attack, he said.

The Wall Street Journal and other US media reported this week that Israel had shared intelligence with Washington that Iran had recently devised a plan to assassinate the US president.

However, Trump denied that Tehran had made a fresh plan or that Israel was the source of any intelligence. He told the New York Post in an interview that he had been “No. 1 [on Iran’s kill list] for a long time”.

 

Despite the threats being traded, mediators are still working to revive talks, and Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi is currently in Oman for discussions.

US officials say they have conveyed through mediators the demand that Iran publicly state that the Strait of Hormuz, a vital international shipping route, is open and pledge to stop firing on commercial ships.

According to US media, Iran told American officials the attacks on tankers were a mistake and blamed a rogue internal group.

The incident prompted a series of US strikes on around 90 targets across Iran. On Saturday Iran’s Health Ministry said 17 people were killed in the strikes and 115 injured. Iran responded with strikes on US allies in the Gulf.

The war began with US and Israeli attacks on 28 February, prompting Iran to attack Israel and US targets and allies in the Gulf.

You Might Also Like

UK Prime Minister urges ‘reflection’ after Cambridge professor’s death

At Least 20 Killed in New Nigeria Violence: Lawmaker

Iran Calls for Release of Pilots Captured in Qatar During Middle East War

Israel rejects Trump’s 15-point peace plan for Gaza

Global ocean temperatures hit record July high as El Nino develops

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Email
Previous Article Vehicle Bursts Into Flames After Crashing Into Footbridge Along Mbagathi Way
Next Article How Men with Female Surnames are Standing up to Ridicule in Kenya

Latest stories

  • Mother and Daughter Arrested Over KSh40 Million Land Fraud in Karatina
  • Ndindi Nyoro Declares 2027 Presidential Bid, Pledges to Back Opposition Unity
  • Tigoni ‘Park and Chill’ Spot Becomes Inaccessible After Resident Digs Trench
  • Seven Killed After Helicopter Crashes at Mt Ololokwe in Samburu
  • 17-Year-Old Arraigned Over Murder of Man Found Dead Along Thika Road
  • Samidoh Officially Enters Ol Joro Orok MP Race, Pledges to Champion Education
  • Sharon Otieno’s Family Supports Former Governor Okoth Obado’s Plea for Leniency
  • ‘Why Should I Suffer Alone?’ Woman Reveals How She Left Children at Their Father’s Workplace
  • Married Woman Confronts Pregnant Househelp Over Alleged Affair With Her Husband

You Might Also Like

Oprah Winfrey to Close $40 Million Leadership School for Girls in South Africa

3 weeks ago

Bomb Carried by Woman Kills Three, Injures 21 near Moscow Restaurant, Authorities say

3 weeks ago

Influencer Andrew Tate and brother arrested in Miami

1 month ago

20 Pupils and Adult Killed in Uganda School Bus Crash as Government Suspends School Trips

1 month ago

Pages

  • About us
  • News
  • Privacy Policy
  • sauce.co.ke

Find Us on Socials

sauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
Follow US
All rights reserved. A publication of Mercury Communications KE