By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
sauce.co.kesauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Reading: Murkomen Says Goonism Has Been Politicised
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
sauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Search
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Home » News » Murkomen Says Goonism Has Been Politicised
News

Murkomen Says Goonism Has Been Politicised

Last updated: July 24, 2026 3:34 pm
David Osoro 3 weeks ago
Share
3 Min Read
SHARE

Interior Cabinet Secretary Kipchumba Murkomen has downplayed the extent of goonism in the country, saying the problem has been exaggerated for political reasons even as he directed police to intensify the crackdown on criminal gangs and those financing them.

Speaking during the launch of the Multi-Biometric Identification System at the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) headquarters, Murkomen said criminal gangs should be dealt with firmly using all lawful means.

“The issue of goons isn’t as bad as exaggerated. It’s being hyped by politics and politicians…” he said.

The CS accused some politicians of creating and funding criminal gangs to advance their political agendas, arguing that the issue had become a tool for political contestation rather than a genuine reflection of the country’s security situation.

Murkomen also claimed that some religious leaders who had previously defended suspects arrested during the 2024 and 2025 anti-government protests were now calling on the government to take tougher action against criminal gangs.

“We saw the church defending those goons… Now they are crying for the government to end goonism,” he said.

He maintained that Kenyans had made it clear they wanted criminal gangs eliminated and issued a firm directive to the National Police Service.

“If church leaders have given us a go-ahead to deal with goons, now you have my order as police: deal with goons mercilessly,” he ordered.

Murkomen made the remarks while unveiling the Multi-Biometric Identification System, a new digital platform designed to modernise criminal identification and investigations.

According to the Interior Ministry, the system is expected to reduce the processing time for police clearance certificates from the current 14 days to less than 24 hours. It will also provide digital access to criminal records, strengthen investigations and improve the presentation of evidence in court.

“The new system integrates fingerprint and facial recognition…” DCI Director Mohamed Amin said.

Director of Public Prosecutions Renson Ingonga welcomed the initiative, saying the platform would significantly enhance the speed and efficiency of criminal investigations and prosecutions by enabling faster identification and improved evidence management.

You Might Also Like

SHA Disburses Second Batch of Payments for Pending NHIF Claims

Kakamega Senator Boni Khalwale Loses Wife

Stop Bullying Us: Sharon Otieno’s Parents Speak Out After Obado’s Conviction

PPB Warns Kenyans Over Fake Postinor-2 Emergency Contraceptives

Matiang’i Among 22 Ordered to Repay Ksh.2.7 billion over Ruaraka Land Saga

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Email
Previous Article Detectives Rescue 48 Women in Crackdown on Sexual Exploitation Ring in Kiserian and Ongata Rongai
Next Article Grade 9 Student Arrested After Allegedly Hacking Classmate to Death in Migori

Latest stories

  • Two Journalists Assaulted as Tension Escalates Ahead of Linda Mwananchi Rally in Homa Bay
  • Kindiki Claims Gachagua Ignored His Advice Before Impeachment
  • Gachagua Accuses Ruto and Kindiki of Trying to Divide Mt Kenya Ahead of 2027
  • SHA Disburses Second Batch of Payments for Pending NHIF Claims
  • Apple Declares iPhone X and 2018 MacBook Pro Obsolete
  • Police Intercept Vehicles, Arrest 15 Suspects Headed to Homa Bay
  • UK Prime Minister urges ‘reflection’ after Cambridge professor’s death
  • At Least 20 Killed in New Nigeria Violence: Lawmaker
  • Iran Calls for Release of Pilots Captured in Qatar During Middle East War

You Might Also Like

Kenyan National Arrested in Zambia Over Alleged Election Cybercrime Plot

3 days ago

DCI Claims Gachagua Communicated With Suspects in Dr Victoria Mutiso Murder

1 week ago

Auctioneers Move to Seize Senator Hezena Lemaletian’s Property Over KSh447,823 Court Debt

2 weeks ago
SHA corruption fuels suffering

Kenya Makes Health Insurance Mandatory for Incoming Travellers

2 weeks ago

Pages

  • About us
  • News
  • Privacy Policy
  • sauce.co.ke

Find Us on Socials

sauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
Follow US
All rights reserved. A publication of Mercury Communications KE