By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
sauce.co.kesauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Reading: ‘They Disconnected Our Equipment!’ Bensoul Reveals What Forced Kodong Clan Exit From Asake’s Nyayo Concert
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
sauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Search
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Home » News » ‘They Disconnected Our Equipment!’ Bensoul Reveals What Forced Kodong Clan Exit From Asake’s Nyayo Concert
Entertainment

‘They Disconnected Our Equipment!’ Bensoul Reveals What Forced Kodong Clan Exit From Asake’s Nyayo Concert

Last updated: December 27, 2025 9:54 am
David Osoro 8 months ago
Share
3 Min Read
SHARE

Kenyan musician Bensoul has opened up about the events that led to the Kodong Clan’s last-minute withdrawal from a highly anticipated concert at Nyayo Stadium, citing disrespect and technical interference by event organizers.

Speaking during a recent interview with media personality Oga Obinna, Bensoul explained that tensions began during the soundcheck and rehearsal phase, days before the concert headlined by Nigerian superstar Asake. The show later drew national attention after reports emerged that a reveller died during the event.

Disrupted Rehearsals

According to Bensoul, the Kodong Clan—an artistic collective made up of seven performers—had formally requested and been granted a full-night rehearsal due to the complexity of their performance setup.

“Our act is not simple. We are seven artists. Every artist’s microphone has to be calibrated properly, our signals must not collide, and the lighting has to move in sync with the music,” Bensoul said.

However, while the group was rehearsing within their allocated time, Bensoul claimed that an unidentified individual began disconnecting their equipment on stage, disrupting the rehearsal process.

He described the move as unexpected and disrespectful, saying it directly interfered with their technical preparations.

Forced Off Stage

Bensoul further alleged that the organizers ordered the Kodong Clan to vacate the stage immediately to allow Asake’s team to conduct a soundcheck. At the time, Asake had reportedly not yet arrived at Nyayo Stadium and was still at his hotel.

The situation escalated, with the group feeling sidelined despite adhering to agreed rehearsal schedules.

Decision to Pull Out

Bensoul revealed that he was away attending another engagement when the initial confrontation occurred. Upon arriving at Nyayo Stadium later for his own soundcheck, he found the atmosphere tense and met his management team in the parking area.

“They told me they had already decided to cancel the performance,” he said.

According to Bensoul, the decision was not impulsive but came after what the group perceived as ongoing contempt and lack of respect from the organizers throughout the engagement.

“We decided to cancel because the disrespect had been there from early on,” he stated.

Lingering Questions

The Kodong Clan’s withdrawal added to the controversy surrounding the concert, which was later overshadowed by reports of a tragic death during the event. Organizers have yet to publicly respond to Bensoul’s allegations.

The incident has reignited conversations in Kenya’s entertainment industry about artist treatment, stage management, and respect for local performers at major international shows.

You Might Also Like

Nick Mutuma Offers KSh100,000 Reward for Stolen Filming Equipment

Court Orders EABL to Deposit KSh10 Million in Raburu Contract Dispute

Vybz Kartel and Fiancée Sidem Öztürk Announce They Are Expecting Their First Child

Sean “Diddy” Combs to Be Released Earlier Than Expected

Mastar VK Accuses Kapitani of Song Theft, Demands Removal of ‘Kitemeo’

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Email
Previous Article Jaymo Ule Msee Converts to Islam
Next Article 17-year-old girl arrested after stabbing boyfriend’s uncle to death in Buruburu

Latest stories

  • Ndindi Nyoro Announces Exit From UDA, Joins Opposition
  • Two Killed in Grisly Range Rover Crash Along Nairobi’s Riverside Drive
  • Nick Mutuma Offers KSh100,000 Reward for Stolen Filming Equipment
  • Police Officer Dies, Eight Injured During Homa Bay Linda Mwananchi Rally
  • JKUAT Student Accuses American National of Rape After Tinder Date in Westlands
  • Aisha Jumwa Responds to Duale Over Literacy Remarks
  • Two Journalists Assaulted as Tension Escalates Ahead of Linda Mwananchi Rally in Homa Bay
  • Kindiki Claims Gachagua Ignored His Advice Before Impeachment
  • Gachagua Accuses Ruto and Kindiki of Trying to Divide Mt Kenya Ahead of 2027

You Might Also Like

Andrew Kibe Tells Fans Not to Take His Advice Literally

3 weeks ago

Skai Jackson Apologises Over Kenya Remarks Following Online Backlash

4 weeks ago

Kambua Reveals How a Facebook Message Led to Her Love Story With Husband Jackson

4 weeks ago

Cardi B and Nigerian Goalkeeper Maduka Okoye Spark Dating Rumours After Dinner in Italy

4 weeks ago

Pages

  • About us
  • News
  • Privacy Policy
  • sauce.co.ke

Find Us on Socials

sauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
Follow US
All rights reserved. A publication of Mercury Communications KE