By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
sauce.co.kesauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Reading: Kenyan Man Allegedly Killed Fighting for Russian Army in Ukraine
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
sauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Search
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Home » News » Kenyan Man Allegedly Killed Fighting for Russian Army in Ukraine
Security

Kenyan Man Allegedly Killed Fighting for Russian Army in Ukraine

Last updated: December 6, 2025 10:57 am
David Osoro 9 months ago
Share
3 Min Read
SHARE

A Kenyan man who reportedly travelled to Russia for a driving job has allegedly been killed while fighting for the Russian army in Ukraine—just one month after leaving Kenya.

According to documents circulating online, Martin Macharia Mburu died on November 27, 2025, in what was described as an attack by Ukrainian forces. A Nigerian national was also reportedly killed in the same incident. Their passports were allegedly recovered alongside Russian military documents and air tickets showing Mburu departed Kenya on October 21, 2025.

News of his death emerged after Kirinyaga Central MP Joseph Gitari demanded answers from the Departmental Committee on Defence, Intelligence and Foreign Relations regarding claims that Mburu and another Kenyan, Peter Kimemia Kamanu, were forcibly recruited into the Russian army.

Gitari also called for an update on investigations into the alleged recruitment network and the steps taken by the Ministry of Foreign and Diaspora Affairs to engage the Russian government over the men’s repatriation.

“The two are said to have undergone a three-day training before being deployed to the frontlines of the ongoing Russia–Ukraine conflict,” Gitari told Parliament, warning that the case raises serious concerns about the safety of Kenyans pursuing opportunities abroad.

He noted that neither Mburu nor Kamanu had any prior military training.

Mburu’s death marks the first publicly known case of a Kenyan killed while fighting for the Russian army.

Meanwhile, another Kenyan, Evans Kibet, reportedly surrendered to Ukrainian forces and is currently being held as a prisoner of war.

Mburu’s travel timeline also coincides with the deportation of a Russian national suspected of coordinating the recruitment of Kenyans for combat roles in Russia. The arrest followed a multi-agency operation in Athi River, where 21 Kenyans were intercepted while allegedly being prepared for trafficking to Russia with promises of lucrative salaries.

However, the Russian Embassy in Nairobi has previously dismissed reports of forced or illegal recruitment, insisting earlier claims surrounding the deported Russian businessman, Mikhail Lyapin, were misleading and that he was scheduled to leave the country voluntarily.

 

You Might Also Like

Mother and Daughter Arrested Over KSh40 Million Land Fraud in Karatina

Seven Killed After Helicopter Crashes at Mt Ololokwe in Samburu

17-Year-Old Arraigned Over Murder of Man Found Dead Along Thika Road

EACC Arrests Nine Over Alleged Sh1.57 Billion Government Funds Fraud

Two Killed in Grisly Range Rover Crash Along Nairobi’s Riverside Drive

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Email
Previous Article Kasarani MP Karauri Ex-Girlfriend Nana Dollz Gifted a Range Rover by her New Lover
Next Article Safaricom ‘Secretly’ Halves Some of Their Data Allocation Bundles

Latest stories

  • Mother and Daughter Arrested Over KSh40 Million Land Fraud in Karatina
  • Ndindi Nyoro Declares 2027 Presidential Bid, Pledges to Back Opposition Unity
  • Tigoni ‘Park and Chill’ Spot Becomes Inaccessible After Resident Digs Trench
  • Seven Killed After Helicopter Crashes at Mt Ololokwe in Samburu
  • 17-Year-Old Arraigned Over Murder of Man Found Dead Along Thika Road
  • Samidoh Officially Enters Ol Joro Orok MP Race, Pledges to Champion Education
  • Sharon Otieno’s Family Supports Former Governor Okoth Obado’s Plea for Leniency
  • ‘Why Should I Suffer Alone?’ Woman Reveals How She Left Children at Their Father’s Workplace
  • Married Woman Confronts Pregnant Househelp Over Alleged Affair With Her Husband

You Might Also Like

JKUAT Student Accuses American National of Rape After Tinder Date in Westlands

3 days ago

Police Intercept Vehicles, Arrest 15 Suspects Headed to Homa Bay

4 days ago

Stolen AK-47 Recovered After Shootout With Suspected Gangsters in Machakos

5 days ago

Seven Dead, Over 30 Injured After Matatu Rolls Several Times in Makueni

5 days ago

Pages

  • About us
  • News
  • Privacy Policy
  • sauce.co.ke

Find Us on Socials

sauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
Follow US
All rights reserved. A publication of Mercury Communications KE