By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
sauce.co.kesauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Reading: Mystery as Three Men Shot Dead in Kibosit Forest, Trans Nzoia
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
sauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Search
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Home » News » Mystery as Three Men Shot Dead in Kibosit Forest, Trans Nzoia
Security

Mystery as Three Men Shot Dead in Kibosit Forest, Trans Nzoia

Last updated: June 23, 2025 10:05 am
Sauce News Team 1 year ago
Share
3 Min Read
SHARE

Trans Nzoia County – June 23, 2025 — Tension is high in Chepchoina, Trans Nzoia County, after three men were found shot dead in Kibosit Forest on June 21, prompting protests and a confrontation between villagers and law enforcement officers.

The bodies of the victims—two Kenyan nationals and one Ugandan—were recovered with multiple gunshot wounds, raising questions over who was responsible for the killings and the motive behind them.


The Victims: Shot at Close Range

Police identified the victims as:

  • Emmanuel Wanyonyi Wafula, 73 – gunshot wounds to the head and chest
  • Samuel Barasa Wanyonyi, 22 – gunshot wounds to the head, shoulder, waist, thigh, and leg
  • Nabende Mukulo, a Ugandan citizen – gunshot wounds to the back, stomach, and left leg

Authorities confirmed that all three men had been shot at close range, fueling speculation of a targeted execution rather than a random act of violence.


Survivor Claims Armed Gang Carried Out Attack

According to a survivor of the incident, the group had been preparing charcoal in the forest when they were ambushed by eight armed men. He managed to flee the scene and alert local villagers, who later informed the police.

“They were surrounded while working in the forest. It was a planned and brutal ambush,” said a local elder who spoke to Sauce.co.ke on condition of anonymity.


Clash Between Locals and Security Officers

Chaos erupted when police and Kenya Forest Service (KFS) officials from Suam Station arrived to collect the bodies. Villagers attacked the security team, accusing them of foul play and attempting to cover up the incident.

“There is growing mistrust between residents and the security forces,” said a local human rights activist. “The people want answers and accountability.”

On their way back from the forest, the police convoy was again attacked by unknown individuals, further complicating investigations.


Authorities Promise Thorough Investigation

The killings come amid long-standing tension between local charcoal burners, forest squatters, and security agencies over forest use and conservation. Police have vowed to launch a full-scale investigation to determine the identity and motive of the assailants.

“We are treating this as a serious criminal case. No conclusions will be drawn until investigations are complete,” said a senior police officer involved in the case.

You Might Also Like

Mother and Daughter Arrested Over KSh40 Million Land Fraud in Karatina

Seven Killed After Helicopter Crashes at Mt Ololokwe in Samburu

17-Year-Old Arraigned Over Murder of Man Found Dead Along Thika Road

EACC Arrests Nine Over Alleged Sh1.57 Billion Government Funds Fraud

Two Killed in Grisly Range Rover Crash Along Nairobi’s Riverside Drive

TAGGED: charcoal burning, crime in Kenya, forest killings, gunshot victims, Kenya Forest Service, Kibosit forest, police protests, Trans Nzoia
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Email
Previous Article Woman Found Dead in Ngara Bathroom
Next Article Teen Girl Arrested Over Shocking Murder of 3-Year-Old Outside Church in Nakuru

Latest stories

  • Mother and Daughter Arrested Over KSh40 Million Land Fraud in Karatina
  • Ndindi Nyoro Declares 2027 Presidential Bid, Pledges to Back Opposition Unity
  • Tigoni ‘Park and Chill’ Spot Becomes Inaccessible After Resident Digs Trench
  • Seven Killed After Helicopter Crashes at Mt Ololokwe in Samburu
  • 17-Year-Old Arraigned Over Murder of Man Found Dead Along Thika Road
  • Samidoh Officially Enters Ol Joro Orok MP Race, Pledges to Champion Education
  • Sharon Otieno’s Family Supports Former Governor Okoth Obado’s Plea for Leniency
  • ‘Why Should I Suffer Alone?’ Woman Reveals How She Left Children at Their Father’s Workplace
  • Married Woman Confronts Pregnant Househelp Over Alleged Affair With Her Husband

You Might Also Like

JKUAT Student Accuses American National of Rape After Tinder Date in Westlands

2 days ago

Police Intercept Vehicles, Arrest 15 Suspects Headed to Homa Bay

4 days ago

Stolen AK-47 Recovered After Shootout With Suspected Gangsters in Machakos

5 days ago

Seven Dead, Over 30 Injured After Matatu Rolls Several Times in Makueni

5 days ago

Pages

  • About us
  • News
  • Privacy Policy
  • sauce.co.ke

Find Us on Socials

sauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
Follow US
All rights reserved. A publication of Mercury Communications KE