By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
sauce.co.kesauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Reading: Two Injured, Two Arrested After Violent Boda Boda Protests Disrupt Ngong Road
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
sauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Search
  • News
  • Grapevine
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Media
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Home » News » Two Injured, Two Arrested After Violent Boda Boda Protests Disrupt Ngong Road
Security

Two Injured, Two Arrested After Violent Boda Boda Protests Disrupt Ngong Road

Last updated: July 5, 2026 11:42 am
David Osoro 1 month ago
Share
3 Min Read
Prisoner holding metal cage in jail, no freedom concept
SHARE

Two people were injured and two suspects arrested after police dispersed a violent group of boda boda riders who allegedly staged revenge attacks, blocked Ngong Road, and looted members of the public in Nairobi on Saturday.

According to police, the unrest was triggered by the deaths of two suspected motorcycle thieves who were reportedly lynched by members of the public on Friday before later succumbing to their injuries.

Riders Stormed KNH Over Colleagues’ Deaths

Police said fellow boda boda riders had earlier gone to Kenyatta National Hospital, demanding immediate treatment for the injured men and later seeking the release of their bodies.

The group accused the hospital of failing to attend to the victims in time, leading to their deaths.

However, the hospital denied the allegations, maintaining that the two men had sustained severe injuries that ultimately proved fatal.

Protest Turned Violent

At around noon on Saturday, police said about 300 boda boda riders, many carrying passengers and allegedly armed with crude weapons, knives, and pangas, returned to the hospital.

After being denied access, the group reportedly turned violent, blocked Ngong Road, and caused widespread disruption before police intervened.

Authorities said the riders later regrouped near a hotel in the Jamhuri area, where they allegedly began looting and terrorising members of the public.

Two Injured, Suspects Arrested

Police deployed reinforcement teams, including the Quick Response Unit (QRU), to support officers from Kilimani Sub-County, eventually dispersing the group toward the Kibra informal settlement using tear gas.

During the operation, two police officers fired warning shots into the air to restore order.

Police confirmed that:

  • A 42-year-old woman sustained a gunshot wound to her right leg.
  • A 22-year-old man was struck by a rubber bullet on his left upper arm.

Both victims were taken to Nairobi Women’s Hospital, where they were reported to be in stable condition.

Authorities also arrested two suspects and impounded 10 motorcycles believed to have been used during the disturbances.

Police said the situation has since been brought under control, with officers remaining on the ground as investigations continue.

The latest incident has renewed calls for tighter regulation of the boda boda sector, with authorities noting that some riders have been linked to violent criminal activities in different parts of the country.

You Might Also Like

Two Killed in Grisly Range Rover Crash Along Nairobi’s Riverside Drive

JKUAT Student Accuses American National of Rape After Tinder Date in Westlands

Police Intercept Vehicles, Arrest 15 Suspects Headed to Homa Bay

Stolen AK-47 Recovered After Shootout With Suspected Gangsters in Machakos

Seven Dead, Over 30 Injured After Matatu Rolls Several Times in Makueni

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Email
Previous Article Police Investigate Death of Man Found Inside House in Kiambu
Next Article DCI Summons MP Zaheer Jhanda as Keumbu Attack Probe Intensifies

Latest stories

  • Ndindi Nyoro Announces Exit From UDA, Joins Opposition
  • Two Killed in Grisly Range Rover Crash Along Nairobi’s Riverside Drive
  • Nick Mutuma Offers KSh100,000 Reward for Stolen Filming Equipment
  • Police Officer Dies, Eight Injured During Homa Bay Linda Mwananchi Rally
  • JKUAT Student Accuses American National of Rape After Tinder Date in Westlands
  • Aisha Jumwa Responds to Duale Over Literacy Remarks
  • Two Journalists Assaulted as Tension Escalates Ahead of Linda Mwananchi Rally in Homa Bay
  • Kindiki Claims Gachagua Ignored His Advice Before Impeachment
  • Gachagua Accuses Ruto and Kindiki of Trying to Divide Mt Kenya Ahead of 2027

You Might Also Like

Rwandan Catholic Priest Found Dead in His Room at Nairobi Seminary

3 days ago

Driver Hunted After Allegedly Stabbing 19-Year-Old Passenger in Mbale

4 days ago

Armed Men Ambush Police Officer’s Car, Free Prisoner Along Narok-Mai Mahiu Highway

1 week ago

Miraa Driver Dies in Head-On Collision on Mwea-Embu Highway

1 week ago

Pages

  • About us
  • News
  • Privacy Policy
  • sauce.co.ke

Find Us on Socials

sauce.co.kesauce.co.ke
Follow US
All rights reserved. A publication of Mercury Communications KE